- President of Ireland (1990-1997), Mary Robinson,
- U.K. Met Office Chief Scientist (2009-2016), Professor Dame Julia Slingo
- Chair of the Climate Change Advisory Council, Professor John Fitzgerald
- Professor Peter Lynch, UCD Meteorology and Climate Centre.
There will also be presentations by meteorologists working at Met Éireann.
The symposium will include 3 consecutive sessions:
1. The Challenge of Change – responding to future weather
2. The Foundations in Science – building the edifice of meteorology
3. Where Climate and Weather meet Society – scientific, ethical and moral dimensions
It is free to register for this once-off event on December 12th in the Round Room at the Mansion House in Dublin. However, places are limited and early booking is recommended.